Annie Sloan Occasional Chair

I'm going to admit - I've never used Annie Sloan Chalk paint before but I've always been very intrigued by it so when choosing a paint to use on my new chair I thought very carefully & decided I'd give it ago... After all I've used Farrow & Ball on my gorgeous Ercol sideboard & Laura Ashley on my Corner Unit...
Before & After - I love it! 

Using the Annie Sloan chalk paint : 
It was bizarre it was much thicker than any paint I've used before. Not in a bad way as it covered the chair really well... It just took a bit of getting used to. Although the whole idea of the chalk paint is to use it without sanding & priming blah blah I still sanded the chair & it had a coat of farrow & ball 'old white' on... Annie Sloan covered it really well though.
Using the paint for the first time:
Looking good!
Finished product - I had planned to reupholster it with new fabric but I quite like the original fabric on it with the Florence Annie Sloan paint? 




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...